Patti Smith, Just Kids.



Awarded with the National Book Award, "Just Kids" is not the rock star's autobiography reflecting on fame or drugs. It is a book about the formative years of Robert Mapplethorpe and Patti Smith and is a survival manual for artists in the city, a walk by a New York that no longer exists or a fable about children adrift.
In October 1972, Patti Smith and Robert Mapplethorpe dropped out of the loft they share in the Street 23, next to the Chelsea Hotel in New York. Over the past five years they had been inseparable, as a couple or a pair of twins. They had shared a bed, hunger and artistic ideals.While packing, she knows that everything will be different from then on. Leaves some things behind, like someone who leaves a remainder of wine in the cup for the gods. Robert Mapplethorpe takes her hand and asks: 
- "Do you feel sad?" 
She replies:  
 - "I am ready.

"I'm gonna be somebody, I'm gonna get on that train, go to New York City, I'm gonna be so bad I'm gonna be a big star and I will never return"

I will leave immediately run to the nearest bookstore, see you soon!


Stay Gold.

Sem comentários: